We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team at Apollo (an Apex Water and Process Inc. company) in our St. Michael, MN, office. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position offering a complete benefits package, including competitive PTO, 401K with a company match, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. New, full-time employees start accruing PTO right away and are eligible for benefits within 31 days or less. We also offer a clean, bright and safe work environment and a free on-site gym! Apply today and take the first step in working for a company where your contributions and career development truly matter!
ABOUT APEX WATER AND PROCESS INC.
Apex Water and Process Inc. (www.TeamApex.com) is a comprehensive provider of fabrication, as well as water and process solutions, for industrial and agricultural markets with enterprise-level partnership and customer service. As a vertically-integrated parent company to six outstanding regional brands, Apex is uniquely positioned to meet all our clients’ fabrication, chemical, equipment, engineering and service needs efficiently and effectively. We are a fast-growing, dynamic company with a strong, supportive culture that offers many opportunities for career development and advancement, and we are always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our team to help us continue to strive for excellence as we provide valuable, innovative solutions for our customers!
The primary objective of the Project Manager position is to manage and coordinate customer projects. The Project Manager develops project schedules, reviews commercial implications, manages change orders and serves as the primary point of contact for their customers. The individual in this role will be responsible for communications with internal team members across various departments to make sure projects are completed on time, on budget and within scope.
- Work with internal team members and customers to execute defined project objectives and requirements, including managing customer expectations, developing a detailed project plan, managing the scope of the project and assigning team members to specific tasks.
- Prepare project timeline, including milestones and review points, and monitor and drive project progression
- Prepare and present financial reports at key program milestones
- Communicate regularly with team members and customers regarding the status of project, with specific attention to delays, issues, or changes to the project timelines
- Enforce deadlines and manage budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget
- Provide technical guidance to team members throughout the entire phase of project execution
- Evaluate completed projects for efficiency and effectiveness in an effort to continually improve the team’s performance on future projects
- Reporting to company leadership in regards to project status, risks and performance
- Adhere to all Company policies
- Know, understand, and support ATG’s Quality Policy and Quality Objectives and understand how this position affects the outcome of both
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred)
- Experience reading contract terms & conditions, specification language, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P & IDs), General Arrangement (GA) Drawings and Electrical Schematics (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail but ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve and provide alternative solutions in stressful situations
- A passion for communication and customer relations
- Willingness to raise task tension to meet project milestones
- Willingness to travel (~10% of the time)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues across multiple departments to drive project completion
An offer of employment at Apollo is subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apollo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.