Apollo is a fast-growing, dynamic company with a strong, supportive culture that offers many opportunities for career advancement. We are always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our team to help us continue to strive for excellence as we provide valuable, innovative solutions for our customers. We are currently looking for a Production Lead to join our team! This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position offering a complete benefits package, including competitive PTO, 8 company-paid holidays, a 401K with a company match, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. New, full-time employees start accruing PTO right away and are eligible for benefits within 31 days or less! We also offer a clean, bright, and safe work environment. Apply today and take the first step in working for a company where your contributions and career development truly matter!
The essential role of the Production Lead is to act as a “Second in Command” to the Production Manager with a limited scope of management responsibility and the expectation that at least 80% of their time will be applied directly to production work. Daily job duties in this lead role will be in addition to those of the production role that the individual maintains. The Production Lead will spend up to 20% of his or her time assisting the Production Manager in overseeing the production process, ensuring that it runs smoothly and efficiently and by leading the production team, ensuring that all components and assemblies are built to Company quality standards.
- Assist the Production Manager in planning and organizing production schedules
- Ensure that production schedules are adhered to and that any delays or issues are communicated to the Production Manager in a timely manner
- Provide day-to-day training and guidance to team members working within various work centers in the production area, ensuring they are working efficiently and effectively
- Monitor production processes, proactively identifying issues, problems, and areas for improvement, removing roadblocks in the areas of safety, quality and productivity
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment is maintained through leading by example and assisting others wherever necessary
- Adhere to, train, and help enforce compliance with ISO standards and Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures
- Interact directly and regularly with support teams including Engineering, Planning, Quality and Purchasing to solve problems and align on priorities
- Mentor team members in order to help develop the production team and increase flexibility and efficiency
- Provide input in the scheduling of the Company’s work centers and in planning the layouts of assigned work areas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years in a production environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Willing to go the extra mile to investigate and solve difficult problems quickly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations and procedures
- Eager to learn and grow with the Company
An offer of employment at Apollo is subject to a pre-employment drug-screen and background check.