We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team at Apollo (an Apex Water and Process Inc. company) in our St. Michael, MN, office. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position offering a complete benefits package, including competitive PTO, 401K with a company match, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. New, full-time employees start accruing PTO right away and are eligible for benefits within 31 days or less. We also offer a clean, bright and safe work environment and a free on-site gym! Apply today and take the first step in working for a company where your contributions and career development truly matter!
ABOUT APEX WATER AND PROCESS INC.
Apex Water and Process Inc. (www.TeamApex.com) is a comprehensive provider of fabrication, as well as water and process solutions, for industrial and agricultural markets with enterprise-level partnership and customer service. As a vertically-integrated parent company to six outstanding regional brands, Apex is uniquely positioned to meet all our clients’ fabrication, chemical, equipment, engineering and service needs efficiently and effectively. We are a fast-growing, dynamic company with a strong, supportive culture that offers many opportunities for career development and advancement, and we are always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our team to help us continue to strive for excellence as we provide valuable, innovative solutions for our customers!
The Engineering Manager will play a pivotal role in leading a team of engineers to design custom industrial water and process systems. The individual in this position will oversee the team of individuals responsible for the CAD modeling of various components and systems, combining technical expertise with leadership and management skills to ensure the success of our projects. They will also be responsible for seeking out continuous improvement opportunities across all equipment manufacturing and fabrication areas by leveraging new technology, data and processes.
- Manage the design team for custom water and process equipment, fostering a collaborate and innovative work environment that encourages professional growth and development and setting clear goals and expectations and providing regular feedback to team members
- Identify and help drive continuous improvement throughout ATG’s manufacturing operations, promoting a culture of continuous improvement across the company
- Monitor project progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions as needed to ensure our customer-facing deliverables adhere to committed timelines and quality expectations of customers
- Ensure that all engineering projects meet the highest quality and safety standards and adhere to local, state, and federal regulations and codes and address and resolve any quality or compliance issues in a timely manner
- Manage the allocation of resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials, to optimize project outcomes and enable cost competitiveness in market offerings
- Collaborate with procurement and supply chain teams to source necessary materials and equipment
- Be actively engaged in proposal development work, offering insights and reviewing and approving engineering designs, specifications, and technical documentation
- Periodically travel to various locations for in-person meetings, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Work effectively with administration and management to ensure all documentation is completed accurately
- Provide necessary reporting to other company management personnel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 10+ years of related industry experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong managerial and communication skills
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Proficiency with PDM platforms
- Gibbs and Visio experience (preferred)
- Ability to report to St. Michael office as primary office but willing and able to travel to Chanhassen office on a regular basis (~1x/week)
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively on multiple projects or tasks
- Willing to assist in other areas as needed to coordinate projects
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and excellence
- Strong commitment to team culture
An offer of employment at Apollo is subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apollo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.