We are currently looking for an Electromechanical Assembler/Field Service Technician to join our team at Apollo (an Apex Water and Process Inc. company) in our St. Michael, MN, facility. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position offering a complete benefits package, including competitive PTO, 401K with a company match, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. New, full-time employees start accruing PTO right away and are eligible for benefits within 31 days or less. We also offer a clean, bright and safe work environment and a free on-site gym! Apply today and take the first step in working for a company where your contributions and career development truly matter!
ABOUT APEX WATER AND PROCESS INC.:
Apex Water and Process Inc. (www.TeamApex.com) is a comprehensive provider of fabrication, as well as water and process solutions, for industrial and agricultural markets with enterprise-level partnership and customer service. As a vertically-integrated parent company to six outstanding regional brands, Apex is uniquely positioned to meet all our clients’ fabrication, chemical, equipment, engineering and service needs efficiently and effectively. We are a fast-growing, dynamic company with a strong, supportive culture that offers many opportunities for career development and advancement, and we are always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our team to help us continue to strive for excellence as we provide valuable, innovative solutions for our customers!
The primary function of the Electromechanical Assembler/Field Service Technician is to perform mechanical assembly, installation, and wiring of components on a wide variety of equipment designed and built by Apex, both in-house and at customer sites. This equipment includes water treatment equipment, specialty manufacturing systems and a variety of other specialty equipment. The individual in this position will also provide technical support to customers, troubleshooting and repairing systems and equipment as needed.
- Read and interpret Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), General Arrangement (GA) Drawings, and Production Prints
- Install mechanical components (i.e. pumps, valves, sensors, etc.) per design
- Install mechanical piping (may consist of PVC, CPVC, PE, PVDF, PFA, etc.) to and from various components on a skid or within a process tool per design
- Follow an electrical schematic to assemble electrical control enclosures per design, pull wire feeding various circuits and terminate wires at point-of-use and within control enclosures
- Run conduit (PVC, flex, rigid-coated, etc.) between control enclosures, pumps and instrumentation
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting
- Conduct I/O and loop checks
- Lead factory acceptance testing of equipment
- Install and commission equipment at customer sites, ensuring it is set up and functioning properly
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment at customer locations
- Project professional image of the company through a positive and helpful attitude at all times at customer sites, using clear and consistent communication to keep customers apprised of job status
- Document all work performed, including test results and repair actions taken, in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Clean and maintain work areas
- Work hours necessary to support Company demand
- Train and assist others as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and willingness to go above and beyond to satisfy customer needs
- Experience installing mechanical components and piping, running conduit, following electrical schematics, pulling wire feeding various circuits and performing basic electrical troubleshooting
- Knowledge of PLCs and control systems
- Exceptional work ethic, “can-do” attitude and team player
- Willing and able to adhere to all Company policies, including strict adherence to safety procedures
- Willing and able to learn, understand and support the Company’s quality objectives
- Able to work independently with minimal instruction/supervision and effectively plan, organize and execute own activities
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds of material unassisted
- Flexible and adaptable by nature; able to work well under pressure and within changing environments
- Willing and able to wear personal protective equipment necessary for job duties performed
- Willing to cross-train as needed
- Willingness to work weekend hours as needed and ability to travel to customer locations as required based on the company’s needs (minimum of 25% travel)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
An offer at Apollo is subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apollo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.